Egypt is not only the most populous country on the African continent. For centuries its capital Cairo has been an important trading centre due to its convenient location as a hub between Southern Europe, the Orient and Black Africa. Numerous international corporations and business organisations that have their headquarters in Cairo and Germany is also one of their most important economic partners. German virtues and German products are highly valued in Egypt, but the German directness is less so.
Anyone planning to do business with Egyptian business partners or to work and live as an expat in the Arab world should therefore familiarise themselves with the country’s cultural characteristics and potential pitfalls at an early stage.
- Understanding Egypt’s country, people and Egyptian culture.
- Business is always personal: the Egyptian attitude towards time, truth, communication and how to build trust with business partners.
- What influence does Islam have on business relationships?
- The importance of negotiation and basic rules of optimal negotiation preparation.
- Basic knowledge of Arabic language and body language: greetings / gestures / laughter / decorum and taboos.
- How to prepare for intercultural challenges and successfully secure long-term and successful business relations in Egypt.
- Establishing the foundation for long-term and successful business relationships in Egypt.
- Preparing for intercultural challenges and preventing misunderstandings and conflicts.
- Expanding your scope of action and optimising your collaborations.
- Your contracts and projects progress more seamlessly.
- Saving time, money, stress, and frustration.
- Interactive (group) exercises for reflection and application.
- Practice-based case studies from several years of cultural experience of the trainer.
- Exchange of best practice, experience and mutual learning.
- Application of cultural models.
Note on the times
- As a virtual workshop: 9 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 5 pm
- As in-house measure: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. incl. lunch and coffee breaks
Number of participants: 3 to max. 10
You can book the training as an in-house measure or as a virtual training. If more than two people are interested, we can also schedule an open training according to your wishes. Ask about the possibilities under the registration below.
Training languages: English and German.